5 Signs That Your Gut Might Be Unbalanced
From high stress to poor eating habits, there are many things that can negatively impact your gut health. This is important to pay attention to, because when your gut is out of balance, it can affect your overall well being and potentially lead to serious health issues.
If you’re noticing any of the following symptoms, it could be a sign that your microbiome needs a little love!
1. Digestive Issues: If you’re experiencing stomach troubles, like gas, diarrhea or constipation, it can be a definitive sign of an unbalanced gut. Bowel regularity and consistency is one of the key predictors of your health status, so it can be helpful to get to know your poop!
2. Fatigue or Sleep Disturbances: Specific hormones that affect sleep are produced in the gut, so if your microbiome is out of balance then it makes sense that your sleep would be disrupted. If you’re finding it challenging to get regular, quality sleep or you’re constantly feeling tired and lacking energy, it may be worth looking to your gut.
3. Weakened immune system: If you’re regularly getting sick, it might be a sign of increased inflammation caused by a microbiome imbalance. By balancing your gut, and increasing the production of butyrate to protect the gut lining, you can build immune system resilience!
4. Brain fog: Research suggests that gut health and brain health are linked, as neurons in the gut generate around 90 percent of our serotonin (our feel-good molecules). So if you’re noticing anxiety or depression, having trouble concentrating, or experiencing frequent mood swings, there may be a chance your microbiome isn’t balanced. This is particularly common if you consume a lot of sugar or refined carbohydrates, which can feed the “bad” bacteria in your gut.
5. Weight changes: If your body weight is fluctuating, without making any changes to your diet, exercise or lifestyle, it could be a clue. Weight gain may be attributed to increased sugar cravings or an inability to balance blood sugar or absorb nutrients, all of which can be improved by nourishing your gut
To reclaim your health on your own terms, the first step is awareness. Learn more about how to get to the root of your gut issues and improve your overall well being here.
And if you’re looking to address specific challenges, you may want to consider selecting one of our targeted probiotics to help you on your health journey. Ideal Immunity supports your immune system, while Sugar Shift restores digestive health, reduces cravings, and lessens fatigue!