Martha Carlin Featured on the Keto Kamp Podcast!
I was honored to recently be a guest on the Keto Kamp Podcast with Ben Azadi!
In this episode, we discuss the gut microbiome and how research helped my husband's Parkinson's diagnosis. We talk about the differences between a healthy gut and an unhealthy gut. I also reveal the top three things you need to avoid to improve your gut health. Later, we chat all about the products that we have developed and how they can help you improve your gut health.
Listen to the interview below or on the following platforms, and check out some of the highlights and specific timestamps as well!
[00:30] Why Martha Is So Obsessed With The Gut Microbiome and The Research She’s Doing In Her Company
- Martha’s 44-year-old otherwise healthy husband was diagnosed with Parkinson's disease.
- So, Martha started to teach herself about science and the human body.
- Food and water are the main inputs in the human body. Martha threw out all the food that wasn’t organic.
- After ditching highly refined carbohydrates, Martha’s husband started to do much better than most people with Parkinson’s.
- Martha recommends reading Missing Microbes: How the Overuse of Antibiotics Is Fueling Our Modern Plagues
[12:05] Comparing A Healthy Gut To An Unhealthy Gut
- People who have a relative abundance of streptococcus are in some disease category.
- Streptococcus loves glucose.
- Elevated proteobacteria is another sign of an unhealthy gut.
- There’s a study suggesting that people who drink skim milk have a statistically significant increase in Parkinson's risk.
[18:30] Glyphosate: The Main Problem That Is Disrupting Your Microbiome
- The number one thing disrupting the gut microbiome is glyphosate.
- Most people do not understand how much the use of glyphosate has increased in the last thirty years.
- Glyphosate changes the biochemistry of the plant. Also, it changes the biochemistry of the soil, which changes the nutritional uptake of a plant.
- So, you need to eat as organic as possible. Also, make your legislators aware of the glyphosate problems.
[23:55] Other Things You Should Avoid To Improve Your Gut Health
- Avoid high fructose corn syrup.
- Highly processed sugars will have a significant impact on your microbiome and overall health.
- The highest consumption of high fructose corn syrup is usually in poor populations.
- Also, avoid antibiotics to improve your gut health.
[28:00] All About The BioCollective and How Martha Wants To Help People Improve Their Health
- Martha uses the concept of collect, connect, and correct.
- She collects poop samples, connects the dots, and corrects the problem.
- Martha has worked with researchers all over the globe using their samples.
- Now, they formulate different products to help people.
- Sugar Shift is something that will help you address cravings.
- BiotiQuest’s Sugar Shift helps your gut microbiome transform the unneeded accumulation of sugars (glucose and fructose) into mannitol. Mannitol is a sugar that isn’t stored in the body, so it is naturally eliminated.
[36:05] Help Your Gut By Using Ideal Immunity and Heart Centered
- Ideal Immunity is similar to Sugar Shift. However, this particular formula will kill foodborne pathogens. Plus, it works to restore mucosal surfaces in the gut to support your immune system.
- If you’re traveling, Ideal Immunity is great for your gut.
- Lastly, Heart Centered is focused on cardiovascular health and lowering blood pressure.